Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 800g maris piper or red potatoes
- 100g goose fat or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 bashed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 OXO vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/200°c fan/gas 7.
- Peel the potatoes and chop into chunky pieces.
- Place in saucepan and cover with salty cold water.
- Place on the hob on a high heat and bring to the boil.
- Then turn down the heat and simmer for approx. 10 minutes or until the edges look soft.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and place back in the pan.
- Add the goose fat, butter, garlic, pepper and sprinkle in the OXO.
- Cover the pan and give them a good shake to really roughen up the edges.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.
- Take out, give them a shake.
- Place back in the oven for 20 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Take out and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and serve.