Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 diagonally sliced baguette (½ inch)
- salt & pepper
- 1 jar Loyd Grossman NAS tomato & basil sauce
- 2 mackerel fillets
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
(Serves 3 - 4)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- In a saucepan heat the sauce and allow to gently simmer for 15 minutes, this will thicken up the sauce slightly.
- Brush both sides of the baguette sliced with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange baguette slices on a baking tray in a single layer and bake for approx. 8 minutes or until golden. Turning halfway through.
- Now cook the fish, brush fillets with a little oil and season with salt & pepper then pan fry over a medium heat for 7 minutes. Turn once.
- Time to assemble, spoon over sauce over each baguette slice, flake the mackerel and place on the sauce.
- Finish with grated parmesan.
- Tuck in and enjoy!